Batang Sadong Bridge
3km FUN RUN 2022
Batang Sadong Bridge, Sadong Jaya
26 February 2022
Terms & Conditions
- The Organiser reserves the right to modify or substitute any of these terms and conditions and any other rules and regulations of the event of at any given time as Organiser deem fit or necessary without prior notice. If there is ambiguity in any of the provision of the terms, the Organiser will be the authority to interpret and in so doing, the Organiser will take into account the interest of all affected participants. The decision of the Organiser shall be final and binding. Any update, modifications or changes on the terms and conditions or any other rules and regulations of the event will be notified on the official registration website (unless otherwise stated) and take effect from the date of notifications on the official website.
- The Organiser reserve the right to change the date, venue or to postponed or cancelled the event at any time without prior notice to participants, in which case the Organiser will make effort to inform the participant prior to the date. If the event have to be postponed or cancelled there shall be no refund of fees and the Organiser shall not be liable for any loss or inconvenience caused. Participants acknowledge and agrees that the entry fees and other transaction costs of the event are non-refundable, non-transferable and non-deferrable. Any updates on the event including any changes to the terms will be posted on the event official website. It is the responsibility of the participants to keep abreast with such updates and changes. The Organiser shall not be liable for any loss or convenience caused.
- There will be no fee refund if the event is cancelled for reason of force majeure i.e due to occurrence of incidents that are beyond the control of the Organizer and which renders it impossible of unsafe to hold the event.
- The event is open to all individuals who reached the age stated in the race registration portal (as at 31stDecember 2021)
- Participant shall provide true, accurate, current and complete information about the participant. The Organiser may contact the participant from time to time by email. Any notice send to the email address registered with the Organiser deem as receive by the participants. If the participants provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or if the Organiser have ground to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, the Organiser may at any time suspend, revoke, cancel or terminate the participant’s registration and participation in the event and refuse any and all current or future use of the event’s official website (or any parts thereof)
- Once participant’s registration have been duly processed, there will be no fee refund for participant who does not eventually take part in the event for whatever reason.
- The Organiser will not entertain nor be in any way responsible for any disputes arising from incomplete or inaccurate entry details in the registration form.
- The organizer reserves the right to limit and or refuse entry without giving any reason or notice. The Organiser also reserves the right at its absolute discretion to exclude or disqualify any participants whom the Organiser is of the opinion to be acting in any manner which is against the interest of the Organiser or the event or which is in violation of the terms or any rules or regulations of the event or in case of (suspicion of) foul play or fraud. It is the duty and responsibility of the participant to ensure his/her legal eligibility to participate in the event.
- The Organiser reserves the right to cancel, defer and or add any event category without prior notice to the participant.
- Participant is strictly not allowed to transfer their event entry to another party or change the event categories after his/her registration is confirm.
- Participant agree to accept promotional materials/ items from the Organiser whether in relation to the event or otherwise.
- The Organiser reserve the right to amend the event’s race routes as it deem fit whether for the safety of the participants/ or to prevent any potential hazards in the running of the event or otherwise , at any time without prior notice to the participant. In such event, every effort will be made to inform the participant prior to the date of the event.
- Whilst every reasonable precaution will be taken by the organizer to ensure the participants safety, participants run at their own risk and the organizer will not be responsible or held liable for any injury or death howsoever arising from training for or during participation in the race. Participants are strongly encouraged to go for a medical examination and or consult their medical practitioner prior to registration and before the actual race day.
- The organizer reserves the right to delay the commencement of the race in the event of heavy rain or thunderstorm or extreme weather condition. Should the condition persist after delay, the organizer reserves the right to cancel the race without any refund. In the event of catastrophic or natural disaster resulting in postponement or cancellation of the above event, the organizer shall not be held responsible for any claims whatsoever in any form made by individuals or parties concerned.
- Participant must wear the assigned bib number on his/her chest at all times during the event’s race. Participant who is not wearing the bib number will be taken off the event’s race route by security officials.
- Road closure where applicable will be lifted after completion of the race. The route will not be guarded by road marshals after the closure time. As per the instruction by the authorities, no participants are allowed to remain on the route after the closure time. If the participant proceed to run after the closure time it will be at participant own risk. Timing will not be consider valid after closure time.
- Participant must at all times follow the respective event route, the direction of security officials, traffic management officials, event officials and any enforcement officers.
- Participant must retire from the event immediately if require to do so by any member of the event officials/ medical staff, race director, race secretariat or security officers.
- No pets or any form of wheel-run objects of transport e.g. In-line skates, prams, push chairs, shoes with rollers, etc. are allowed on the whole run.
- The organizer reserves the right to use any photograph (including those of participants), motion pictures, recordings or any other media records of the event taken before, during and after the event, for any legitimate purpose including commercial advertising and distribution to sponsors.
- A participant who commence to run before the actual start time (Flag Off) of his/her registered category in the event will be disqualified. There may be wave starts based on estimates race times.
- The Organizer is not responsible for any loss, injury or claims from using sponsored and non-sponsored products or services in this run.
ASSUMPTION OF RISKS, WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY
- The participant accepts and agree that the event carries certain inherent danger and risks may or may not be readily foreseeable including without limitations to personal injury, damage to property or death and his/her participation in the event is voluntarily in spite potential risks and danger.
- Participant warrants that he/she is in good physical condition and have sufficient preparations and is able to safely participate in the event. The participant is fully aware of the risks and hazard inherent in participating in the event, including the possibility of serious physical trauma, injury or death.
- In consideration of the Organiser allowing or accepting (without liability) the participant to participate in any way in the event and /or activities registered to the official website, the participant which (include his/her heirs, personal representative, executors and administrators) shall be deem to have agreed as follows:
- Accept and assume all of the risk and danger and any potential risks and dangers in connection with the participants' participation in the event.
- To the fullest extent permitted by applicable, neither the Organiser, online registration company, sub-contractor, all municipal agency and relevant authorities whose property or personnel are used, or sponsoring, co-sponsoring and other company parties and individual related to the event and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, representative, volunteers, related corporation, subsidiary and affiliate (collectively “releases”) shall be responsible and liable in any manner for any costs, expenses, loss, damages, liabilities, injury or death cause participation in the event.
- Fully and forever releases the releases from all and any liability of whatsoever nature and howsoever arising, including any negligent rescue operation and any other form of negligence is intended to be as broad and inclusive as it's permitted by applicable law in Malaysia in which the event is conducted.
- Waive and relinquishes the right to sue or take any action proceeding against the releases (or any of them) for any and all claims, demands, losses or damages of the participants on account of any injury, death, damage to property or any other cause of action, which is caused or alleged to be caused in the whole or in part by the negligent, fault, act or omission of the releases (or any of them) or otherwise.
RACE ENTRY PACKS
- All participant must collect their race entry pack which include the race bib, event running tee and other goodies at the race pack collection day of which detail is stated below. If participants are unable to collect their race entry pack in person, they may empower a duly authorized person in accordance with the procedure detailed on the official website.
- Late collection will not be entertained and the Organiser shall not be liable for any loss or inconvenience caused, due to participants inability to collect their race entry packs. The Organiser may extend the collection time at the Organiser discretion and on a goodwill basis only. For the avoidance of doubt, the Organiser is not obliged to extend the collection time or to ensure the participant receive their race entry pack. At all times, it is the responsibility of the participant to collect their race entry pack during their collection period. Entry packs not collected during the collection period will be deemed as unwanted, and the Organiser shall be at liberty to dispose or redistribute them accordingly.
- The Organizer will provide the T-shirt based on the specified size stated in the registration form. (If any of the specific sizes are unavailable, the organizer has the right to replace the stated sizes with a different size)
- Finisher Medals will be distributed at the finish line to all participants and also delivered for Virtual Participants
- No claims will be entertained thereafter.
- No refund will be made for wrongful or multiple registration.
- Substitution and changing of categories is NOT allowed. Please ensure to select the category that you are eligible. Otherwise you will have to re-register.